His Tribe

Hey friends-It's Bridgett! I'm a little excited about this blog! We just have so much to share , God is moving in some big ways through our bible journaling group and we want to share this journey with you all! About 2 years ago, I felt it on my heart to start a women's ministry, I didn't know what it was going to look like. I just knew that I needed to be in a position to help encourage women and just truly wanted to connect with other women. My friend Maria aka @my.creative.worship and I had gone to church in the past together but had never really connected. We were both members of the Illustrated Faith community on Facebook and since we live like 3 minutes away from each other we started chatting. We saw that there was a bible journaling event a Lifeway Christian store about an hour or so away and well...that was our first date! Lol! BFF's for life! I mean this girl is stuck with me!!! We started to get together at my house once a week, she has a toddler;) so we always met at my house! We started talking about doing a bible journaling group. Now let's rewind to these days...Illustrated Faith was a small Etsy store. There were barely any resources out there! We decide that we were going to do this anyway! I contacted Shanna and asked her if she had any tips on what to use for our group to get started and she suggested a Devo kit. This was a pre-Dayspring kit. It was called Brave and Free (Maria calls them vintage kits;) We were so excited! Shanna even sent some amazing goodies to help our group get started! We were on a roll! We decide to call our group His Tribe. Actually we called it Our Tribe for a few months and then quickly decided that wasn't about us that we were definite part of His Tribe! Ok..... so fast forward to our first group...we had about 25 ladies the first time! It was so Awesome! We usually have like 12-15 ladies on average but we have a Facebook group that we can all stay connected on when life gets in the way. The first group, that's where we saw Nicolle...what's funny is we actually all used to go to the same church at the same time but never found that connection! Anyway...Nicolle aka @my_jesus_grafitti was sitting there and we were like uh...do you wanna be best friends with us and she was like uh....yes...and we were like...sweet!!! Ok...it did not happen exactly like that but close! We scattered journaling together from time to time and we just have the best friendship ever! And Nicolle lives super close to us too!!! His Tribe Bible journaling group has been going for over a year and it's grown way beyond us just coloring in our bibles! We have become a group of ladies that support each other! His Tribe! So as I said, we all have a lot of stuff to share so I hope you stay tuned and follow along on our bible journaling journey! Check out some journaling printables on www.illustratedfaith.com and for some awesome products to use for bible journaling on www.dayspring.com
So thankful for His Tribe and for all the encouragement they give me and for the way they help make me brave! Find your Tribe and Love them Hard! Have an amazing day!!

Comments

  1. So amazing how God had been moving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post, it's so encouraging! I'm leading a Bible Journaling Group this summer for the first time (3 sessions) at my church, and reading your journey gives me courage. I'm nervous, excited, scared, and elated all at the same time. So many emotions because I hope that I can get the women at my church to find as much joy in bible journaling as I have... life changing joy. I know that I'm suppose to do this, it's definitely my calling. Keep posting, it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts