They Are Real ♥

They Are Real!



 

Deuteronomy 33:17

His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns:

Hello, Friends!! Hoping everyone is enjoying their father's day weekend!
Just having some fun this week &  sharing with you a page I created channeling my inner Unicorn Lover ♥
So... imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon some beautiful Pinterest pages of bible journaling featuring unicorns that mentioned that in the Bible that it actually speaks of UNICORNS! That's right folks, unicorns! For some reason... the bible I have has used "wild ox" instead of unicorn?!? I know right!???
In the American King James Bible: "His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns:"
In the King James Bible Deuteronomy 33:17 reads: "His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns"
In the Websters Bible Translation: "His glory is like the firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns:"
So I'll take it!! LOL


Just a tidbit of information, my blast from the past... My favorite all time childhood movie was the Last Unicorn. When it was my turn to pick out a movie at the video rental place, I think my sisters probably wanted to kick me because this was what I picked every... single... time...
I created this page by finding an image I could trace of The Last Unicorn, and placed it behind my page to trace it in. And then went over it with my IF pen, and erased the pencil. I was much too lazy to prep my page this time so this was my first step. Since I live in an itty bitty cape cod I don't have a "journaling space" so I'm a bit of a journaling gypsy and had the pleasure of taking over my dining room table! So it's not the pretty backdrop I normally use in the first pic ;)


Then I got out my watercolors, for this page I used the Prima Pastels Palette. I Painted in my unicorn first and then used my "dabbing" technique to fill in the background. I highlighted just around the unicorn with a pale yellow. And went to the opposite page to highlight my verse with the same pastel colors and add some splatters. I added some white accents with my Uniball Signo Gel Pen. Then stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black because it is waterproof. I used the following sets for this page:


Just My Type Alpha - Kate's Hand Alpha (retired) - Swirls & Stars Set


I then added some rainbow washi to the bottom of my text page and finished the top up with some coordinating washi and a bow clip I made from some tulle. Adding the date with my mega date stamp finished off this page!


Hope you enjoyed this page! My inner child unicorn loving self especially loved creating this page, it was fun!
For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥

Be sure to check out the new Sonshine Stamping Facebook group for more inspiration and use the #sonshinestampco hashtag so we can see how you're using the stamps on Facebook & Instagram!!

Until next time friends remember to #spreadsonshine !!

Blessings ♥ Maria

Comments

  1. Maria! I love when you share your heart! I am so blessed to be your friend! You are so talented and you are a sweet and caring person! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts