In God We Trust


Hello friends!  Happy Independence Day!  I pray you all are celebrating with your families and enjoying this gorgeous day the Lord has given us!

In God we trust was first adopted by the United States as our motto in 1956.  American history demonstrates that this nation was founded on Christian principles.  America is a free nation, and freedom of religion is still guaranteed in the Constitutions 1st Amendment.

Now I know what you are thinking, politics now are of absolutely no comparison to ancient history - and to be honest- it sure does not feel that the principles of this nation today are based on biblical guidelines.  In fact, it is very devastating to scroll through facebook or instagram and see those "memes" being very negative towards our president.  Isn't it true that Jesus taught us that He loves us, no matter what our past or our sins were?

I decided to share the true meaning of liberty and freedom written in the bible.  And to remind us all, that freedom does come with a price.

The Bible says It is better to trust in the Lord than to have confidence in man. (Psalm 118:8)

Have you noticed lately, everywhere you go, people are miserable in their job and their lives?  It is rather frustrating to me.  People cannot find contentment.  In fact, it answers the rising drug problems, people are unhappy and turn to addiction.

But God, the Father sent his only son to take the judgement of our sins, so that we could live free!

Galatians 5:1 NLT
So Christ has truly set us free.  Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law.

Galatians 5:13
For you were called to freedom, only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Remember earlier when I said freedom comes with a price?  God gives us grace and mercy and forgiveness of our sins, so that we could be free from sin.  In return, he guides us to serve His people, with love.

Isaiah 61:1
The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God gave us a spirit not of fear, but of power, love, and self control.

God gave us these freedoms so that we could serve others with a joyful spirit with love.  When your coworker is giving you attitude or not speaking to you, show love and pray for them.

When the clerk at the store can't even acknowledge you or be courteous, be kind and pray for them.

When your neighbor seems to never be happy with how your yard looks or your car is touching their grass, be gentle and pray for them.

And when those very trying and hurtful family members - you know the ones that nothing is ever good enough for-- show them grace and pray for them.

Since we have been forgiven and given freedom through Christ Jesus, we must honor him in all that we do and that includes giving grace to his people.

Ephesians 2: 10
For we are his workmanship created in Christ for good works.

Romans 8:1-2
There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.  For the law of the spirit of life has set you free from the law of sin and death.

When I hear "In God we trust" I think of surrendering my whole life to God.  To trust is to surrender.  By surrendering to God, he frees us from fear, sin, and evil.

Let us let Psalm 31 be the prayer of our hearts:

O Lord I have come to you for protection;
don't let me be disgraced.
Save me for you do what is right,
Turn your ear to listen to me;
rescue me quickly.
Be my rock of protection,
a fortress where I will be safe.
You are my rock and my fortress.
For the honor of your name, lead
me out of this danger.
Pull me from the trap my enemies
set for me,
For I find protection in you alone.
I entrust my spirit into your hand.
Rescue me, Lord, for you are a faithful God.

Will you join me in prayer?   Lord, we thank you for our freedom!  We pray protection over our lives, our families, our finances, our health, and protection over our faith in you Lord God.  I pray for those stuck in bondage of sin and addiction and we pray they find their way to you God and we know only you are able to break those chains!  We pray blessings over the persons reading this and I thank you Lord Heavenly Father for the freedom to worship you especially with our creativity!
In Jesus Name.  Amen
For this entry I used acrylic paint and the alpha stamps are from Sonshine Stamp co and a star stencil and a white gel pen.  Happy 4th

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts