This Is My Song

1 John 3:1-3
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.

Happy Friday! Wow, what a week it's been! I'm sharing a page I created using 3 of the new stamp sets released.  I had this idea for a page as soon as I saw the " Jesus Is My Jam" set... bit I wasn't quite sure what it was going to look like.  I found this scripture in 1 John that was perfect. We all have a story, a song, and each one is different. We all have a chapter or lyric that might sound something like a country song... but with Christ, we are something new, our slate is wiped clean, we are his children, we are loved, made new, set free! I loved putting the Jesus Is My Jam Set with the "You Are Loved" set because no matter how our song starts off once we are made new with Christ we have to remember we are now daughter's of a King. To Him we are precious,  we are chosen, we are loved, we are worthy, we are blessed, and we are enough for Him! Scars and all 💗
Makes me want to go put on Natalie Grant's song "Clean" because friends, for real... these lyrics...
I see shattered
You see whole
I see broken
But You see beautiful
And You're helping me to believe
You're restoring me piece by piece
There's nothing too dirty
That You can't make worthy
You wash me in mercy
I am clean


I created this page using distress inks and The ink smoothing technique. The super talented Sonshine Design Team member Lindsey has an awesome YouTube video that will show you exactly how to do it! First I prepped with clear Gesso, then stamped using archival ink. I added the date using the "Script Dates" set. (it may be my new favorite date stamp!)

I used masking fluid on the inside of some of the stamping where I didn't want the ink to go. Once the masking fluid was dry I one at a time smooshed the ink on to my page and waited til it was dry before doing the next color.

Once my colors were all dry I removed the masking fluid and watercolored the guitar. I then used my white gel pen to highlight the stamped text. I added a few accents of white, stamped the date, and marked my verse. I also added some IF washi and used a clear cut as my page marker after I wrote Jesus is my Jam on the cassette tape.

Hope you enjoyed this page! I really enjoyed playing with the new stamps! Pick some up for yourself and give them a try! They don't disappoint!!

For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥

Be sure to check out the Sonshine Stamping Facebook group for more inspiration and use the #sonshinestampco hashtag so we can see how you’re using the stamps on Facebook & Instagram!! Ahaven'tyou haven't already discovered Lindseys Youtube channel with tons of videos on super fun & creative techniques head on over there and subscribe, she's one of my favs!

Until next time friends remember to #spreadsonshine !!

Blessings ♥ Maria

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts