Light & Love ♥

Revelation 22:4-5

They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign forever and ever.

 

Hello friends! I'm sharing a page I created yesterday after watching a sermon I had missed a few weeks ago while I was doing children's church. Since I was home with a sick little one, while she was watching a movie, I watched this sermon on my phone, I had heard it was a good one, and even from home watching it weeks later I was so touched by her words and testimony it literally brought tears to my eyes. I will put a link at the end for anyone who might want to catch it :)
We know from people's testimonies and from stories that heaven is for real. I myself have read the book and loved it. And it gives us believers a hope that this life here on earth is not the end. We have this hope because God himself has told us this much throughout his Word, The Bible. She went on to cite personal stories and scripture that confirms to us about heaven and the fact that it is indeed above us because it is written. Scriptures that back up and make reference to God's dwelling place being above amongst the sun and the stars... If God is Light and Love, the separation from Him would be darkness. If this is true, then there is also a hell, and although I think people prefer not to talk about that, and I think a lot of churches nowadays don't want to preach about it... it is just as real as heaven. In Matthew 7:13-14 he tells us to "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." I feel like as the craziness in the world gets more chaotic by the day, and the new normal, is not what I would think as normal, I think that I'll be ok. I choose not to believe what the world tells me is right or wrong, but what God tells me is right or wrong. And by no means does that mean I hate someone who thinks or feels differently. Hopefully, by showing God's love, we may be the reason someone finds Christ before we find ourselves on judgment day. In the sermon, I listened to there were two things that got me.
One, the lyrics to the song she read out called "Standing Room Only" here are a few of them:
There's standing room only it's too late now to pray
There's standing room only this is the Judgement Day
People filled each church and churchyard just as far as I could see
I heard the pitiful cry for mercy and then I realized it was me
I saw the Saviour then appear as he split the eastern sky
I saw tears of joy on a Christian's face and I heard the sinners cry
And two, she talked about when she has been in a situation where someone that doesn't believe wants to argue their point, that there really is no need to argue because God doesn't need us to defend him. She simply tells them "So if what you believe is true then I have nothing to lose, but, if what I believe is true, then you have everything to lose." Now that friends is some serious food for thought! None of us knows when our time is coming, it could be today, tomorrow, or 30 years from now. But I know one thing for sure if I am right with God now, I have nothing to lose and nothing to fear, because I know where I'm going! ♥



So to create my page I first prepped it because I knew I would be stamping with Archival Ink and water coloring. I used Dina Wakley clear gesso. Once that was dry I used several stamp sets from Sonshine Stamp Co: Names of God Set  - You Are Loved Set -  Faith Set  - Script Dates Set 


I also stamped "Light" with Illustrated Faith's Homespun Alpha Set. Once I had everything stamped I colored in "God" with a Faber Castell Black Marker and then made sure the ink was all dry with my heat tool. I then used my Prima Classics Watercolor Pallete and my Jane Davenport Brights Pallete. I started with yellow and white from the Classics first, then Added the darker blue and teal color from the Brights palette. I just did light layers allowing to dry in between until my desired effect was reached. To finish it off I did splatters in dark blue and white. And then added a fabric tab I received in happy mail and some Illustrated Faith Washi ♥


Pick some up some of these beautiful stamps for yourself here and give them a try! The possibilities are endless!
There is also a sale using code LOVE1ANOTHER in the ETSY shop for 25% off!
For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥
Be sure to check out the Sonshine Stamping Facebook group for more inspiration and use the #sonshinestampco hashtag so we can see how you’re using the stamps on Facebook & Instagram!!
For anyone wanting to watch the sermon I was referencing you can find it here: Standing Room Only - Brigetta Oaks
Until next time friends remember to #spreadsonshine !!
Blessings ♥ Maria


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts