My Lighthouse ♥


Hey, Everyone! I'm freshly back from vacation, and I may need a vacation from my vacation! Haha! We visited the outer banks and got to see one of the lighthouses on our list before having to make a change of plans. While we were visiting The Currituck Lighthouse in Carolla, NC I stumbled upon these beautiful napkins and have been wanting to create this page the entire time I was away! The brick lighthouse right in the middle is the one we actually got to see, and wow was it amazing! I thought the perfect spot to journal it would be in Psalm 62. I mean how beautiful is this written:

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken. My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me. O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. 

When I read this I just envision Him as my lighthouse. A beacon of hope in the midst of my storm. As long as I can keep my eyes on him and keep my focus steady he will guide my path ♥

So I just took some progress pics, to attempt to show the steps in making this page. Don't mind the background in the first few pics, I was limited on time and journaled at my kitchen table :) I started by cutting out the portion of the napkin I wanted to use and removing the extra layers. I used my Prima Pastel watercolors to imitate the background of the napkin.

I ended up using the piece to the left with not as much sky because I messed up on my initial attempt to adhere it to the page. This is where I found out made all gessos are not created equal. My art basics in the tub really started to mess it up, so I pulled it off and used the smaller piece applying it with Dina Wakely clear gesso.
After it was pretty dry I went through all my Illustrated Faith die cuts and found what I wanted to use for my tab and adhered them using an adhesive roller/tape.
I then stamped my wording using the Just My Type Alpha Set by Bridgett Brainard (A personal favorite and I heard they are now back in stock!) and acrylic block and Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink.
I wasn't happy with how the napkin really stuck out from the page, so I grabbed some white paint and a baby wipe and dabbed around the edge of the napkin layer to try to blend it in. I also added some dark blue splatters. It just reminded me of a stormy sea, so why not!? LOL


I let added the date to the bottom and let it dry overnight... and voila! Other than the page curling up a bit, which will flatten after it rests shut a while, I really love the way it turned out!
Hope you enjoyed this super easy page! These stamps are a personal favorite and I'm so glad they are restocked!!
Pick some up for yourself here and give them a try!

Below is the picture I took of the actual lighthouse when we visited ♥

For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥
Be sure to check out the Sonshine Stamping Facebook group for more inspiration and use the #sonshinestampco hashtag so we can see how you’re using the stamps on Facebook & Instagram!!
Until next time friends remember to #spreadsonshine !!
Blessings ♥ Maria

Comments

Popular Posts