Walking in the Wonder ♥

O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
    Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
    You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
    I would never come to the end of them.
Psalm 40:5 NLT

So I have had Wonder by Hillsong in my head ALL week… So I journaled it! I wanted to know the story behind the song, so I watched the video. Here are some of the lyrics I just loved and I thought it went perfectly with the verse I chose.

I see the world in grace
I see the world in gospel
I see the world Your way
And I’m walking in the light
I’m walking in the wonder
You’re the wonder in the wild
Turning wilderness to wonder

In the video he mentions that if you’ve seen the wonders of God then you should say so. It touches on salvation, baptism, and new creation. That we as people see chaos and destruction all around but, God doesn’t make the messes, we do, and then He makes something beautiful. We can see His beauty all around us if we just take the time to look.
So I tried a few new techniques to create this page, and unfortunately I didn’t take progress pics… I started off by stamping the flowers I liked from the Floral Stamp Set on to watercolor paper with Versamark ink, and using white embossing powder and my heat tool to emboss the outlines. Then I grabbed my Jane Davenport Brights and Prima Classics to watercolor the flowers on the watercolor paper. Once everything was dry I cut them out with my tiny scissors so i could play around with the layout.
I then stamped with grey Memento ink some leaves on the background and added a layer of watercolors on in blue green and grey. Once the was dry I adhered the flowers with a tape runner and tried to keep the same placement I had laid them down, and added where I could.
I love the way the white embossing really makes the florals pop when they are water colored!

Then I added the lettering with the .65 Illustrated Faith Pen. I’m not going to lie, I really wished I would’ve stamped this, but there was no turning back! LOL

As Shanna would say it’s about the process! ♥
I decided to add some finishing touches by using my Neocolor crayons and dipping them and water and using them directly on the stamp to stamp some extra greenery. I added some crosses with a grey Neocolor crayon and my IF pen. I splattered a little bit of copper paint, but I wasn’t crazy about it so I didn’t add too much. And to finish it off I stamped the date with the Script Dates set and black Archival Ink and added a pretty bow tab I made.
Pick some up some of these beautiful stamps for yourself here and give them a try! The possibilities are endless!
For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥

Be sure to check out the Sonshine Stamping Facebook group for more inspiration and use the #sonshinestampco hashtag so we can see how you’re using the stamps on Facebook & Instagram!!

Until next time friends remember to #spreadsonshine !!

Blessings ♥ Maria

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts