Transformed Feat. Sonshine Stamp Co




2 Corinthians 5:17
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!
Hello Friends! I’m sharing with you how I created this page on being transformed using a mixed media approach. I took lots of step by step pics as well! For this page I used the new “Transform” set as well as “Script Dates” set from Sonshine Stamp Company.
So as you can see from this first picture I had some serious bleed through from not prepping my page on a previous Sonshine post I created… But… Fear not! It can be fixed! I used some Dina Wakely White Gesso to prep my page instead of clear and used a little wedge makeup sponge to go over the parts where the bleed through was really bad. 
I played around with different butterfly elements from an Illustrated Faith Printable as well as a napkin that I thought would go really well with the “Transform” Stamp set. Once I got the layout pretty much down I separated the layers from my napkin & cut out the butterfly I was going to use.
I wanted to give the page a really distressed type of look so I grabbed some basic black paint and with a big dry brush I lightly brushed the paint where I wanted it, mostly around the edges to “distress” it. 
I then used a large flat brush and clear gesso to adhere the butterfly to the page. I started by spreading a thin layer on the page first. Then, starting from the page border I laid the butterfly down slowly while adding a layer of gesso to the top to smooth any wrinkles down. Very similar to how you would do a paper mache craft. 
I then began adding the stickers I had cut out at the beginning and then started stamping using the “Transform” set, Black Archival Ink, and a clear acrylic block. 
I used some alpha stickers I found at Joann in a blue similar to the butterflies to spell out transform over my large butterfly. I used a tape runner to secure the cardstock leaf element with “new creation” and the verse on it. 
I found an Illustrated Faith tab I liked for the page and added some wordfetti and yellow washi to mark my page. I also pulled out some washi with different word phrases on them which I thought complimented the page and added them.
I added some yellow crosses and dots with a Faber Castell Big Brush Marker. To finish off the page I added the date with the “Script Dates” set and I was done!
I have to say I really liked the way this came out and end result of all the different elements on the page! I pretty much just had fun and experimented!
For more inspiration, you can follow me on Instagram @my.creative.worship  ♥
Supplies and Links Below:

Comments

Popular Posts